T3 Trainee, Scenic Coordinator
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
CMIS/CNN Archives is tasked with preserving the history, raw content, and finished products of CNN Worldwide and managing metadata to ensure future findability and re-use of content. Re-use may be incorporating into news production, or for other purposes such as Ad Sales and Marketing campaigns, contractual obligations to supply content to CNN Originals, and revenue-generating licensing to 3rd parties.
• The Content Coordinator supports the daily archiving of content from CNN's various production systems including selecting and archiving daily CNN program air.
• Provides metadata quality control and cleanup of database records originating outside the archive.
• Mines for metadata in various newsroom systems or provided by production units involved with the creation of the content.
• Following asset management policies, writes descriptive narratives of visuals, abstracts of editorial context, and adds accurate and complete metadata to key database fields.
• Applies indexing terms using the archive's controlled vocabulary to enable quick and accurate retrieval of archive assets.
• Provides occasional video reference service and may participate on special video project teams.
• Projects involve manual shifting and moving of tapes, and other duties as necessary to support archiving in times of breaking news or staff shortages.
• Will play a critical role in the physical relocation of the department within the next few years.
• The bulk of this job is done onsite at CNN's offices with minimal opportunity for remote work.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and respond in a fast-paced environment.
• Expert organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Professional and positive approach to work, both in groups and independently.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability to change.
• News events interest, both current and historical.
• Ability to lift and move videotapes and boxes (20lbs).
• Previous library, video production or media archive experience highly desirable.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn3nqo-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.