Your New Role...
This new position will support the editorial news and programming operations of CNN globally. The role is based in Atlanta and will strive to provide visibility into operations ensuring that policy is known, reviewed, and followed by all levels and groups within the organization. As a 'company connector' you will ensure compliance with T&E, Third Party Engagement, Bureau Cash, Cash Advance, and Procurement policies – liaising with Editorial teams, Compliance, Internal Audit, Finance, Accounting, HR, Legal, Security, and Procurement. As a compliance manager, you will identify strengths and weaknesses within our current operations and will work to improve our procedures when necessary. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to independently design, develop, standardize, and implement improved business processes and reporting.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Ensure policy compliance by investigating activity, documenting actions, and reporting findings
• Approve/escalate expense requests and policy exceptions
• Monitor noncompliant activity (general expense, cash advance, etc.) and achieve a resolution
• Review and ensure policy compliance with bureau accounting policy and reconciliations
• Assist with operational budgets, cost tracking, expense approval, and ad hoc analytical reporting
• Breaking News and/or unit management support – occasional travel may be required
Qualifications & Experience...
• 7-10 years of relevant working experience
• Advanced communication skills are essential along with a proven ability to build relationships driving group progress towards a shared objective
• Mastery of communication tools such as Slack, Zoom, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint)
• Proficient with basic Microsoft Excel functionality (Pivot table, VLOOKUP, IF statements, etc.)
• General knowledge of accounting concepts and practices
• Team player, analytical, curious mindset, detail-oriented, communicator, interpersonal skills, and highly organized
• Knowledge of business tools such as Concur, Neo, SAP S/4Hana, and Workday
• Experience within a multinational and/ or media organization
• Certifications in project management and process improvement methodologies
• Project experience focusing on expenditure reduction and/or compliance
• Fluency in a second language (not required)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqe7nz-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.