New York, NY
CNN is seeking a Business Development Analyst to support and execute partner-based growth strategies across CNN's digital properties. The individual should be self-motivated, passionate and be able to prioritize between multiple projects and tasks. The Business Development Analyst will assist with regular and ad-hoc reporting, revenue tracking, campaign operations, partner optimizations, as well as the ideation and implementation of new strategic partnerships. The Analyst will be an integral part of a lean Business Development team and will be expected to take ownership of several essential processes which help drive growth for the business.
• Daily/weekly/monthly in-flight and campaign wrap-up reporting.
• Derive information and insights from reporting data to inform and update in-flight optimizations.
• Weekly update of revenue reporting data from a variety of sources and partner dashboards.
• Newsletter Operations
• Support Manager of Business Development in newsletter strategy implementation.
• Create/maintain/update newsletter campaign schedule across multiple partners and cross-check schedule against ad sales sponsorships.
• Manage creation of client mocks and client creatives.
• Content Management System Operations
• Perform regular creative updates from large partners through content management system.
• Recommend client optimizations to improve partner performance on site.
• Administer creative placement scheduling and updates for new partner testing.
• Trafficking, Communications, & Management
• Coordinate all pre-launch activities with client: IO/contract execution, creative/asset in-take, etc.
• Collaborate with Ad Operations on partner scheduling.
• Ownership of all partner campaigns and communication of status reports.
• Bachelor's degree from a credited institution
• 2+ years of professional work experience (preferably with a background in marketing, business development, investment banking or consulting)
• Intermediate experience with Excel and PowerPoint
• Must have excellent attention to detail and organization skills
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve, alone or in conjunction with internal and external teams
• Must be a quick learner and someone who can manage multiple deadlines and projects at once
• Effective communicator and collaborator
• Experience or knowledge of digital media or digital advertising space
• Experience with editorial content management systems
• Experience with projecting or modeling revenue
• Experience using data to derive optimization insights