Senior Editorial Producer
New York, NY
WarnerMedia seeks a NY Bureau Manager for CNN Español. The Manager will work with CNNE leadership in managing all aspects of running the NY Bureau/Region.
• Responsible for day to day editorial, logistics, field producing, and operational issues for the NY Region and contact with the CNNE Newsdesk.
• Will work with bureau Correspondent, APJ and staff on daily story development, futures, scripts, and production issues to enhance pieces while managing all newsroom/editorial issues.
• Work with digital leads to enhance packages.
• Act as the ''hands-on'' coordinator of the newsgathering process during the day, implementing the directions/vision of CNNE Editorial Mgmt.
• Will lead the editorial process for NY stories, in collaboration with main NY anchor and CNNE editorial management.
• Work with the VP Newsgathering, Editorial Director, and Director of Coverage to oversee that content is provided for all platforms.
• Execute on editorial decisions and communicate with the other directors as important coverages develop.
• Work with the key newsroom directors (Content Development, Editorial, and Coverage) to ensure that all elements and aspects of NY coverage are living up to the highest standards of veracity of content, journalistic integrity, style, and imagery.
• Will provide content to Digital in various forms such as video, interviews, writes, and occasional stories.
• This role will work with NY reporters to produce compelling, character driven stories.
• The Bureau Manager will be a key person to support the control room during key coverages or show productions requiring additional editorial and production support, including creation of rundowns, editorial decision-making, live collaboration and liaison with ATL Newsroom leads, and their corresponding Sr team leaders (Sr NDJs, Sr Editorial Producer, Sr Producers, etc).
• Responsible for coordinating of studio requests, reporter live shots, newsdesk, cost allocations and budgets for regional assignments.
• Responsible for coordinating, developing, and implementing plan for breaking news and special event coverage for NY region.
• The Bureau Manager will communicate all coverage plans and story development throughout the day to DOC and CNNE editorial management.
• Be the point person for representing NY region and coverage in CNNE editorial and planning meetings.
• Ensure plans are clearly communicated to bureau staff.
• Communicate with other departments and CNNE bureaus.
• Schedule reporters, producers, work with DOC and assignment desk, editors, and camera crews.
• Handle employee related issues and conduct performance reviews.
• Motivate and inspire staff to excel.
• Bachelors' Degree or equivalent work experience
• 7-10 year's editorial experience
• Working knowledge of digital platforms, news/field production, studio operations, editing, satellite news gathering
• 5 -7 years of news management experience preferred
• Exemplary news judgment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6pp5j-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.