WarnerMedia seeks an Associate Writer who will focus on fast-paced breaking politics news. The Associate Writer will monitor internal news gathering threads, on-air interviews and reporting as well as competing news outlets' coverage to coordinate with digital Politics editors about needed content for CNN platforms.
• Conceptualize and write breaking news content focused on a user-driven strategy that understands the nuances of packaging content for the web, mobile web, social, and apps
• Pitch non-breaking stories as time allows and news warrants
• Create sharp headlines
• Have a passion for political news and be unafraid to build the future of journalism on the web with the urgency politics demands and determined to define some of the country's most important political stories for the mobile social generation of news consumers
• Conducts interviews
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related discipline or equivalent in experience
• 1+ years' experience in an editorial role at a traditional or digital native news organization is desired
• Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing skills
• Strong content management system experience on desktop web, mobile web, and mobile
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment making independent decisions
• Experience in a video-led operation a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyk30k-3-229-142-104-42 in your application.