Associate Producer, Video Programming
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN seeks an Associate Producer for the Video Programming department. The Associate Producer for Video Programming gathers content and supports programming duties in a fast-paced environment for CNN Digital, including but not limited to writing headlines and publishing content to CNN's core owned and operated platforms including desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, TV apps as well as third party platforms that support our video business. Must understand the editorial direction of CNN.com and CNN TV to help ensure that coverage decisions align with the overall goals of CNN digital.
• The Associate Producer will coordinate with the CNN Digital Senior Producer, Producer IIs and Producers, to ensure that the CNN Digital audiences are exposed to the best available content on the CNN.com main page, section fronts, mobile and OTT platforms as well as third party platforms.
• Associate Producers for video will help find compelling video, pitch content to the editorial team, and learn more about the digital business. They will be working with the whole of CNN.com's editorial operation in Atlanta, New York, London and Hong Kong.
• Associate Producers work closely with the various CNN Newsgathering operations and show teams to identify the best and most relevant video content for the CNN Digital platforms.
• Associate Producers utilize all in-house and non-CNN resources to program content that resonates with the CNN Digital audience, while adhering CNN Standards and Practices and Legal guidance.
• 1-2 years' experience working in a news production environment.
• Solid skills at online or on-air production.
• Four Year College Degree. Journalism degree preferred.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro or similar editing system.
• Strong communication skills, news judgment and headline-writing skills.
• Basic news writing and video editing skills.
• A familiarity with web video and social media sites.
• Ability to execute during breaking news situations.
• Flexibility and ability to multitask and adapt to rapidly changing new cycles
• Visual and presentation aptitude.
• Must be able to adapt to a 24h/7 day a week news environment.
• Must be able to work shifts at all times of day and night.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbojky-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.