Coordinating Producer - Newsource, NY
New York, NY
You've done the internships, learned the basics, and grasped the technology you need to do the job – now this position is where you can start cutting your teeth on a top business program, and be part of a high performing team. Candidates for Associate Producer on Quest Means Business should be highly enthusiastic and willing to work on several fronts to build an intelligent, relevant and highly creative news program. Whether it's through researching stories, cutting video elements, helping to create graphics, or simply offering something different, you will help produce the kinds of signature segments the program is known for.
You will be trained to write segments in the program and/or short news pieces under tight deadlines and will identify and publish the best material from the daily show to go online or be promoted across the network. For the right candidate, this is the break you've been seeking in television news.
What do we need from you?
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Internship or junior-level position in network television or major-market news production.
- Newsroom & live control room experience preferred
- Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful
- Must be highly creative with a strong interest in Business News
- Must demonstrate good research skills
- Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news
- Must be computer literate, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video workflows
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n35e-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.