WarnerMedia seeks a Associate Producer for the New Day department. The Associate Producer for New Day works closely with show producers on several fronts. APs track, edit and publish taped elements for five hours of morning news programming. They are responsible for gathering material for segments, cut video elements and sound bites using the desktop edit system, Adobe Premiere. APs are also responsible for executing elements for live reporters during the broadcast in the control room and turning them quickly breaking news coverage . APs must work closely with rights and clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly. APs are also called on to code and create banners, and all of this work is done under extremely tight deadlines. The APs work closely in the control room with writers, line producers and senior producers on choosing or producing sound bites, tease videos and VOs for live reads.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three years of experience in network television or major-market news production. Newsroom & live control room experience preferred.
• Must have experience with desktop editing on Adobe Premiere
• Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful.
• Graphics production experience including experience with the ''Viz Pilot'' graphics device helpful.
• Must demonstrate strong research skills.
• Experience in live control room is a plus.
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and working well in high-pressure situations including breaking news.
• Must be digital savvy, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives.