Manager Of Production - Audio / Podcasts
New York, NY
The Associate Producer will assist with the editorial and technical production of CNN's original podcast unit, working on current series Chasing Life, Silence is Not an Option, as well as exciting new series that are currently in production, ranging from investigative to historical deep dives.
The Associate Producer will work closely with the Producer, outlining the structure of episode, providing research and securing the necessary archival audio. S/he will also assist with guest booking and logistics, monitor in-house recordings and some field recordings.
• Work closely with Producer and Senior Producer on episode outlines.
• Provide thorough editorial research and archival audio clips.
• Coordinate with CNN Newsgathering to book CNN correspondents/analysts and handle all logistics.
• Fact-check all episodes, ensuring content meets CNN editorial standards.
• Assist with in-studio and field recordings.
• Edit episodes in ProTools and upload to software system, utilize music when necessary.
• Coordinate with technical team on standard operating procedures for recording/editing/engineering.
• When safe, travel for any remote recordings and editing.
• You must be an avid news consumer with prior journalism experience, preferably in an audio newsroom.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 2+ years of editorial experience, with a strong audio background.
• Extensive knowledge of podcasting industry.
• Good writing skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Proficiency in ProTools and audio recording.
• Passion for politics, history, and popular culture
• Strong collaboration, communication, excellent teamwork, and team-building skills.
• Ability to thrive under pressure with diverse staff and talent.
• Flexibility with operating in a 24/7 environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekko7-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.