HLN is hiring an Associate Producer! Our ideal hire: Assists show producers in every facet of show production. This includes viewing, selecting and editing video and sound elements consistent with the show's editorial direction.
• Assists with developing show segments, researching, gathering and selecting video, participating in edit sessions as needed.
• Curates information and video elements from a wide variety of social media websites, which includes making sure all video, images and photos are properly cleared with CNN Triad.
• Organizes and prepares video and editorial content so that deadlines are met, including logging and ingesting appropriate tape to server system.
• Provide accurate font and script information to appropriate network files.
• Communicates show needs and editorial and production notes to writers and producers.
• Must attend and actively participate in all show related meetings and pitch sessions.
• Must make sure all video elements are available, accurate and in order before they air in the show and be able to effectively articulate status of material during the show with the control room staff.
• Enterprise potential digital extensions of show segments including blogs, podcasts, and streaming video
• Undergraduate degree in journalism, production, digital or related field.
• Previous live talk, news or entertainment show experience.
• 2+ yrs. previous experience in journalism/TV production.
• Must have understanding of video editing.
• Successful candidate should possess technical skills, multi-tasking ability and be a team player.
Strong interest/understanding of social media.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn10k-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.