Your New Role...
• The Associate Producer gathers content and supports programming duties in a fast paced environment for CNN Español Sports.
• **This role supports a 24h/7 business and must be able to work shifts which may include weekends, holidays, evenings or overnights**
Your Role Accountabilities...
• The Associate Producer will coordinate with the Senior Producer and Producers, to ensure that the CNNE audience is exposed to the best available content.
• Associate Producers will help find compelling video, pitch content to the editorial team, and learn more about the digital business. They will be working with the whole of CNNE's editorial operation.
• Associate Producers work closely with the various CNNE Newsgathering operations and show teams to identify the best and most relevant video content for the CNNE platforms.
• Associate Producers utilize all in-house and non-CNN resources to program content that resonates with the CNNE audience, while adhering CNN Standards and Practices and Legal guidance.
Qualifications & Experience...
• Near native Spanish fluency required, written and spoken.
• 1-2 years' experience working in a news production environment.
• Solid skills at online or on-air production.
• Four Year College Degree.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro or similar editing system.
• Excellent communication skills, news judgment and headline-writing skills.
• Basic news writing and video editing skills.
• A Familiarity with Web video and social media sites.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Solid news judgment.
• Creativity/strong headline-writing skills.
• Conveys spirit of teamwork.
• Ability to execute during breaking news situations.
• Positive attitude (eager, energetic, team-oriented).
• Flexibility (Can deal with rapid changes in news, adapt to breaking news, and handle several tasks at once).
• Visual and presentation aptitude.
• Familiarity with Web publishing and production tools and/or Content Management Systems
• News Video production (scripting, pkg production) a plus, but not required
• Familiarity with the CNN production systems, media operations and content management systems (iNews, MIRA, Mediasource)
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5m2n1-3-239-119-61-42 in your application.