Your New Role…
The Associate Producer for the 9pm Show works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments within CNN systems and elsewhere.
Your Role Accountabilities…
The Associate Producer cuts soundbites and VOs, orders and creates graphics and cuts down pre-taped interviews. The AP is responsible for calling elements in the control room. The AP is also responsible for pitching both segment and guest ideas for the program, and helping producers with research for guest segments. The AP must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly. The Associate Producer must code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines. The AP will also work closely in the control room with writers, line producer and senior producers on best sound bites and VOs for live reads and teases.
Must be flexible and able to regularly work long hours, this role will require being onsite 5 days a week and work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
Qualifications & Experience…
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in network television or major-market news production
• Newsroom & live control room experience preferred
• Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful
• Graphics production experience including experience with the ''Viz Pilot'' graphics device helpful
• Non-linear video editing experience also important
• Must demonstrate strong research and writing skills
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news
• Must be computer literate, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives
• Experience in control room is a plus
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $48,300.00 - $89,700.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8px0q-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.