Interactive Producer - NBA
CNN seeks an Associate Photo Director for the CNN Viz Photo department.
The Associate Photo Director is a manager position that will assist in overseeing the entire photo team across multiple bureaus from Atlanta, New York, Washington, and London, coordinating day-to-day assignments with the aim of informing and engaging the audience of CNN Digital through the most captivating photography. Working with the Director of Photography, they will direct, plan, and conceptualize pin-pointed photo-driven coverage on breaking news, feature projects, and special long-term assignments. More importantly, this position will continue to evangelize the entire CNN Digital team on the best practices of photography.
• Responsible for the day-to-day assignments, coordinating coverage plans with various editorial partners within CNN Digital.
• Collaborate with producers, writers, editors across Digital to cover breaking and feature stories with an eye towards connecting with the audience through the best story-telling imagery
• Help train the digital organization and establish editorial standards and best practices for visuals
• Will work closely with the Director of Photography for all editorial priorities aligning to the department's mission statement and vision.
• Oversee the department's hiring and training of freelancers, photo interns, and editors and work with the team on weekly schedules and more importantly, she/he will help the Director of Photography manage the staff and freelance editors by providing consistent feedback to help them with their professional growth.
• Produce, edit galleries and photo interactives and shepherds a variety of projects from conception to publication
• The ideal candidate must have at least 8-10 years direct photo editing and journalism skills with an established news organization. Management experience of running a team is a must.
• Must have a proven track record of working on a variety of stories, including working on a variety of major news stories, examples: Election, Covid-19.
• Strong leadership and communication skills are a requirement; the candidate must be able to multi-task and excels in teamwork and team-building skills.
• Editorial candidate is deeply entrenched long-held beliefs of the highest standards of photojournalism practices and journalism industry trends.
• Must be proficient in PhotoShop, PhotoMechanic and other photo editing and newsroom tools.
• Experience working with video, animation, interactives are a plus.
• Applicants must provide a link to a portfolio or examples of their work as a photo editor and/or their own photography work.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.