The Associate Editorial Producer position for Cuomo Prime Time will be responsible for developing relationships with newsmakers, talent, and their representatives as well story pitching and research. The ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders is critical to this position. This person will be responsible for pitching, generating, and booking high-volume and high-profile newsmaker guests on a regular basis. We are looking for someone who is well versed in using social media to find guests in breaking news situations as well as to identify and pitch new story and guest ideas.
The Associate Editorial Producer will be involved in all aspects of producing a guest segment: editorial, pre-interviews, finding visuals, writing interview questions/talking points. This role handles special projects as assigned by the Senior Editorial Producer and will also provide support for major bookings. Job may require travel for breaking news bookings.
• A qualified candidate for this position must have 1-2 years as an associate editorial producer, production assistant or equivalent production experience with proven performance and experience booking talent.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Research skills are essential to this position.
• Individual must be able to multi-task efficiently, execute quickly, think broadly, and have strong editorial awareness and judgment.
• Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills are essential to this role.
• Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• Spanish or other secondary language is a plus
• Ability to travel as needed
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx34mz-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.