WarnerMedia News & Sports brings together all of WarnerMedia's live programming and best-in-class digital properties. From CNN Worldwide providing news and information services to more than 2 billion people, in more than approximately 200 countries and territories, to Turner Sports leading the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens, there's no limit to the reach you can have working here.
WE ARE WARNERMEDIA STUDIOS
WarnerMedia Studios is an in-house creative production organization designed to support WarnerMedia's brands from TBS to TNT, Cartoon Network to Turner Sports, and everything in between. Comprised of an amazing group of open, collaborative, and innovative artists, crafts people, leaders, strategists and communicators, we work closely with our partners throughout WarnerMedia to make sure we have the resources needed to grow our business, and our brands.
For more on who we are and what we do, check out our capabilities reel: vimeo.com/warnermediastudios/capabilities
An Associate Editor is a position within WarnerMedia Studios geared towards building upon the foundations of a career in video editing. This position is designed for craftspeople who have a keen eye and a passion for storytelling, content creation, post-production, and a driving desire to succeed in the media industry.
The Associate Editor position is a three-year program where selected candidates grow as editors through development of skilled editing techniques, relationship building with network partners, mentoring junior staff, and supporting senior groups of editors. The Associate Editor needs to have previous experience with the fundamentals of video editing, such as preparing media for edit sessions, pulling selects, creating clip reels, and preparing projects for delivery and archive. The core focus of this job is to strengthen creative and technical skills, including asset and project management, while gaining essential experience to further develop understanding of network branding and workflows.
This particular role will be editing for all of our WarnerMedia brands. The ability to switch gears seamlessly between network projects is crucial. One week you could be working with TCM, the next TNT, and maybe even a sports session here or there! You're a chameleon and can easily adapt to anything that is thrown your way - and you like the variety.
As an Associate Editor, you will cover edit sessions by:
• Creating content for a range of initiatives including promotion, marketing, and programming across the diverse WarnerMedia portfolio
• Organizing, transcoding, and transferring media for session materials (e.g. films and episodes to and from library, shoot footage, etc.)
• Pulling selects and creating clip reels
• Creating temp graphics for spots (lower thirds, end pages, etc.)
• Prepping projects for color, audio, delivery, and archive
• Versioning spots with different graphics and audio mixes
• Integrating the use of scopes, audio mixers, and automated processes to QC media before it is delivered
• Delivering files for air and digital
• Experience in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
• An impressive demo reel and/or website
• Passion for & knowledge of the WarnerMedia brands
• Familiarity with asset and project management software
• Knowledge of social media platforms
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Thorough understanding of post-production processes and database management
• Knowledge of multiple tape and file formats
• Must be self-motivated, intuitive, and take initiative
• Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills, high attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills, excellent time management
• Previous post-production television experience preferred, especially in the promo world
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d58937-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.