Associate Editor, Content Programming (CNN+)
The Associate Editor will help execute the programming strategy across desktop web, mobile apps, and TV apps for CNN+. Working with editors, the person will help place live and video content to drive peak user engagement and retention.
This role will help build playlists, write show and episode synopses, and test images for optimal performance. The ideal candidate should have some experience in news and entertainment programming.
This role requires someone who is process-oriented and willing to try new things. All associate editors on the programming team need to think like a viewer. A ferocious appetite for audience data and the ability to apply audience behavior into programming choices are required.
• Work alongside editors to program core platforms, updating feature pages and carousels to ensure that the best and newest content is showcased for peak user engagement.
• Monitor content performance and work the team to adjust tactics to deliver business goals.
• Pitch, develop and execute programming tactics and ideas.
• Four-year college degree. Journalism degree preferred
• 2+ years of journalism experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Solid news judgment.
• Strong writing skills.
• Proven ability to multitask.
• Ability to execute during break news situations.
• Must be able to adapt to a 24h/7 day a week news environment
• Must be able to work shifts at all times of day and night
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8m2k-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.