CNN Domestic Newsgathering is looking for an Assistant Managing Editor to run daily enterprise stories and focus editorial pursuits on top domestic stories.
• Conceptualize sharply framed enterprise stories and harness reporting across national newsgathering areas
• Identify emerging domestic story lines for the managing editor and elevate them to areas of higher focus and attention
• Bring together reporting in the best possible way working with television and digital journalists in our integrated newsroom
• Communicate and coordinate closely with top leadership across newsgathering, digital and television on enterprise reporting
• Drive reporting focused on the why and the how, guiding development of stories from start to finish
• Partner with the organization to identify and harness reporting from multiple teams in multiple locations
• Develop strong connections with top-notch correspondents
• Combine strong editorial development and strong narrative writing skills to shape unique reporting
• Bachelor's degree. Master's or higher degree preferred.
• 10+ years' experience in an editor or reporter role at a traditional or digital native news organization.
• Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment, making independent decisions to prioritize reporting.
• Strong management and leadership skills.
• Proven experience for developing audiences across web, mobile web, social accounts. Strong understanding of mobile, apps and social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
• Strong copy editing skills.
• Understanding of digital and television, and ability to move seamlessly between both.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3kjvx-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.