Assignment Editor Producer (Temporary)
WarnerMedia seeks a temporary Assignment Editor Producer for the Newsource Atlanta department.
The Newsource Assignment Editor/Producer, Digital manages CNN's revenue sharing business product, the Video Affiliate Network (VAN). They newsgather regional affiliate content for use on CNN platforms and distribution to CNN Newsource's digital affiliates. They also manage CNN Wires, affiliate wires, livestreaming and social content. This employee sustains the overall quality and usability of CNN services for Newsource affiliates and plays a central role in disseminating and delivering digital content to more than 1000 affiliates, ensuring a superior, turnkey product for our digital affiliate customers.
• Newsgathering and publishing affiliate content on CNN.com's US page.
• Managing CNN's affiliate revenue sharing product, the Video Affiliate Network (VAN).
• Creating and curating images to accompany CNN and affiliate articles.
• Newsgathering affiliate content to include on the CNN Wire.
• Leveraging digital analytics to inform content selection, development and placement.
• Managing affiliate matters while demonstrating stellar customer service.
• Contributing to the development of innovative processes and products that maximize business and revenue opportunities for CNN and its affiliate partners.
• The ideal candidate holds a degree in mass communications, journalism or similar studies and has at least one year news experience as a web producer, digital editor or similar role.
• Strong attention to detail
• The candidate must possess strong news judgement and a foundational understanding of defamation and libel risks.
• A familiarity with content management systems and experience using digital and social metric and analytic tools is essential.
• Hires under consideration must be adept in navigating social media and leveraging the platforms to newsgather as well as generate engagement with and exposure of CNN and affiliate content to achieve corporate goals.
• Experience with local news stations and publications and an understanding of their needs is preferred but not required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykon3-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.