We are looking for an Anchor Producer to join the CNN Newsroom team in DC and work with Jim Acosta.
• Editorial backbone for anchor-flagging news and elements to keep the anchor abreast of latest storylines.
• Pitching, researching, planning show segments and digital & social media projects as needed.
• Identifying new reporting, video and graphic elements and helping to research and produce segments.
• Crafting compelling questions and producing elements that spark debate, and marrying them together in a smart segment structure.
• Collaborating with newsgathering and research teams.
• Expected to pitch unique guests/angles for biggest stories of the day
• Political news background required; show and digital experience is a plus.
• Two years of broadcast producing/writing, reporting or newsgathering experience preferred.
• Desktop and digital editing skills.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
• Ability to produce quality work quickly and in an organized manner.
• Excellent writing and researching skills ---- style, language, accuracy and balance.
• Ability to think quickly during breaking news, ability to adapt to program and anchor style.
• Attitude --- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
• Strong production vision --- ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
• Self-starter --- ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.