Your New Role…
The Anchor/Producer for CNN will be closely working with the anchor and is responsible to producing segments and preparing anchor for live interviews.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Primary responsibilities include research and writing for the anchor as well as constant updating of the latest developments in the stories we cover on the program.
• Background research on interview subjects and segments will be a part of the daily responsibilities.
• The Anchor/Producer will also pitch stories and guests for segments as well as identify elements for segments that are in our daily show including video and graphics.
• This person should be able to help craft compelling questions and produce segments for the broadcast with the show producers.
• Must be able to write and produce packages with a high-production value, effectively use video and graphics; and coordinate logistics for interviews.
• The Anchor/Producer will work closely with management to ensure that copy is urgent and direction of segments fit the show's mission.
• Coordinate with multiple show teams and work with the anchor on network priorities.
• The employee may be required to travel on short notice and produce from the field.
• The Anchor/Producer stays through the live broadcast each night, often providing updated segment information to the anchor while the show is on the air.
Qualifications & Experience…
• 3+ years producing experience.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Political news background and interest a plus
• Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly
• Must have the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently and with a team
• Must be able to function efficiently in the high pressure of a breaking news environment.
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4pwbq-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.