CNN seeks an AM Weekend Editor for the CNN Politics team. The successful candidate will play an essential role for the CNN Politics team, which covers Washington and beyond, politics and elections for CNN's global digital audiences. The AM Weekend Editor is responsible for steering, assigning, and editing coverage on the CNN Politics digital desk. The AM Weekend Editor works across teams, including alerts, programming and social, to ensure our coverage is fast, accurate and editorially sound. We need someone who can juggle editing a few stories at a time, while shifting priorities as news changes.
• Work with a small team of reporters to manage weekend morning coverage
• Edit fast-moving and often breaking stories, create sharp headlines
• Reprioritize content as news evolves
• Keep stakeholders and other editors informed as news develops
• Work with the digital Politics web team to approve social posts and offer second eyes on content
• Occasionally write stories if needs demand it
• Communicate clearly with the CNN Politics digital team on morning developments and handing off in an organized manner to the team's PM counterparts
• 4+ years experience in an editorial or reporter role at a traditional or digital native news organization
• Ability to edit copy for clarity, accuracy, and news value
• Excellent news judgment
• Clear communication skills and understanding of when to flag things for senior leadership
• Show a high level of flexibility and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment making independent decisions
• Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing and visual communication skills
• Strong copy-editing skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z5e0-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.