PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Account Executive is primarily responsible for delivering profitable sales revenue focused on
a) the small to medium sized advertisers across CNN's multi-platform business (active);
b) prospecting and developing a set of new business.
c) part account servicing/planning for larger multiplatform accounts. (working hand in hand with the Sales Director)
The role will maximise CNNIC's revenue opportunity across all CNN Platforms with a focus on growing our revenue and increasing overall share of revenue across our Digital Products.
In this role, the AE works closely with the Account Director & Sales Director, SEA to develop strategies and partnerships to grow/renew an active set of accounts. The AE will independently identify and creates new business within the market. This includes Local and International/Global Businesses based in Singapore.
The Account Executive will:
• Deliver and be accountable for a defined sales revenue target for SEA, working alongside the AD, SEA.
• Have a good knowledge of pan-regional advertising/media workings across Clients and Agencies with good working level relationships that will help maximise opportunities for CNN. The AE will be required to continue to develop strong relationships with Clients and Agencies.
• Have a clear understanding of CNN International products across all platforms and use this knowledge in presentations and proposals to achieve success in this role.
• Numerate and able to work with Data Sources internally and externally to help inform Audience, Creative and Distribution Strategy
• Be proficient in making presentations and proposals.
• Proactively identify and pursue business opportunities with new and existing clients and agencies.
• Provide timely and accurate reports and forecasts to the Sales Director, SEA/AD on current revenue and the sales pipeline.
• Raise the profile of CNN and the sales team in the market by sharing successes and delivering value propositions that inspire confidence.
• Assist the Sales Director, SEA/AD in creating strategic and operational sales plans for the market by providing information on new business potential and growth activities for existing customers.
• Develop the sales plan for the client set detailing the pipeline for each individual product.
• Gather market information and intelligence to identify future growth areas.
• Partner with various internal groups to develop Account Plans and deliver on Ideas and Concepts for key agencies/clients.
• Liaise with International Ad Sales Operations, Marketing, Editorial & CREATE to bring the best solutions for the clients including an understanding of Sponsorship offerings, and interaction with commercial production for associated materials.
• Work closely with the Sales Planner and the International Sales Operations team for TV and Digital to manage the smooth booking, running and optimisation of campaigns to meet customer expectations.
• Work hand in hand with the Sales Planner to ensure Pre, During and Post Client Management and Campaign Delivery are well delivered.
• Verify & process invoices with accounting services team on billing & payment issues throughout the sales process.
Execution & Results
• Achieve the revenue target for all products.
• Develop market confidence by delivering on commitments and exceeding customer expectations.
• Provide accurate and sales forecasts on a rolling 3 month basis and provide updates on accounts by product line.
• To produce and disseminate new advertising packages (such as monthly newsletters) and sponsorship proposals; including liaising with Global Teams on Global Accounts to develop Best Practice and to maximise partnership value for Clients.
• To assist marketing in events planned and organized for customers in Singapore.
Developing Professional Capability
• Attend relevant conferences, seminars and other industry events to develop knowledge and network within the online / media industry.
• Keep up to date with trends and developments in the media industry to gain early insights into new business opportunities.
• Continuously evolve personal and professional capability in line with business needs.
A successful performer in this role:
• Conducts in-depth research and uses Data-Sources available internally and externally to develop a comprehensive understanding of the industry, market, client and key trends.
• Identifies key sources of competitive information and uses these to build competitive pitches, proposals and counter-tactics.
• Uses experiences to evaluate alternatives and come up to with new ideas for media solutions.
• Works problems through to resolution on their own initiative and in a collaborative and timely manner.
• Takes rapid corrective action when results fall behind expectations.
Essential Experience and Knowledge
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Min 1-2 years in media sales/relevant experience
• Knowledge across print, TV and online advertising media, as well as the media Industry and platforms
• Proven experience in Singaporean local and regional advertising, across the media and digital marketplace
• Good working knowledge of account and opportunity management techniques, as well as consultative selling & negotiation techniques and sales and communication techniques
• Past experience conducting market research
• Familiar with client and agency database maintenance
• Fair industry knowledge - understanding the competition across the news and digital sapce.
• Digitally savvy across mobile and social platforms
• Good working proficiency of Powepoint and Excel
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykbvm-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.