Join our sales organization – the team that creatively develops cross-platform, client centric solutions across Warner Bros. Discovery's portfolio of premium Entertainment, News, and Streaming offerings. The CNN News Account Executive plays a critical role within WBD's sales team. He/she will be responsible for selling all CNN News assets across linear, digital, streaming, audio, TVE, VOD, branded content, and social platforms. We are looking for a passionate and dynamic consultative seller who is excited and energized to take part in expanding our CNN business relationships with agency partners, direct clients, and the broader global advertising community.
• Drive revenue while meeting and exceeding budget goals
• Build and manage relationships with advertising agencies, clients, and the entire media planning/buying chain.
• Manage assigned business with a focus on driving new and incremental CNN ad revenue.
• Coordinate with various support groups to run point on building CNN account specific strategies and creating consultative sales presentations that represent our best-in-class CNN opportunities and solutions.
• Partner alongside Warner Bros. Discovery counterparts to sell cross platform/360 initiatives.
• Provide thought leadership with an emphasis on both actionable and future-state offerings within the news media ecosystem.
• Manage the sales process from proposal through post-analysis and renewal/upsell.
• Manage multiple demands and priorities simultaneously in a highly complex, fast paced news sales environment.
• BA and a minimum of 3-5 years media sales experience required; news specific sales experience preferred.
• A demonstrated track record of negotiating, structuring, and closing complex media deals and partnerships.
• Strong proficiency in consultative sales principles and concepts
• A passionate, entrepreneurial, news minded thinker who is results oriented and able to thrive in a rapidly evolving environment.
• Competitive understanding of the news media marketplace
• Fluent in data-driven advertising technology, advanced and addressable television coupled with a solid understanding of advertising research, attribution, and effectiveness.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with fluency in Salesforce, MSFT and Salesforce CRM.
• Must have the legal right to work in the US and reside within the NY Metro area. Ability to travel required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2enk6-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.