New York, NY
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented reporter to develop its Work coverage under the NYC-based CNBC Make It brand. CNBC Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about success, money, work and life.
The Work Reporter will be responsible for pitching and writing engaging content that inspires and informs the curious reader about the complexities, challenges and opportunities of today's changing workplaces. This reporter will focus on expanding CNBC's digital coverage of news, trends and service related to the evolving state and future of work; career development and advancement; and diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. This reporter will generate stories based on interviews, news and data, as well as enterprise stories and concepts for larger packages and lists.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated body of work in this coverage area and strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for bringing fresh perspective to evergreen topics and making complex subjects interesting and relatable. They will be able to produce quick takes on the news and well-crafted profiles and service stories, working in a fast-paced newsroom to publish high-quality, timely articles that have impact.
What you'll do:
• Generate story ideas, report, write and create digital content.
• Collaborate with the digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos.
• Help grow the Make It brand and cultivate an engaged audience.
• Contribute to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
• Use social media to distribute and promote content.
What we'll offer:
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
• One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - there's never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
• Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like ''The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'' and ''Saturday Night Live.'' Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
At least 2 years of experience as a writer and/or reporter at a major publication.
• Must be detail-oriented and possess outstanding communication skills.
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment.
You'll stand out if:
You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
• You're passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• You're highly motivated and extremely organized.
• You possess ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
• You're curious about the world, sees story ideas everywhere and can't wait to bring them back to the team.