Business Planning & Operations Manager
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Freelance Video Editor
What you'll do:
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of 24 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Daily editing of Vo's, Sot's, Teases and reporter packages in a deadline oriented environment for live cable business news network.
• Other editing assignments can include; multi-camera interviews, full show edits and Promos.
• Editing with reporters/producers while using Grass Valley Edius edit system- when necessary, edit independently without reporter/producer presence.
• Ensure accuracy of all audio/video levels while monitoring signal through a Waveform/Vector scope monitor and audiometers.
• Perform basic troubleshooting on edit systems
What we'll offer:
• Works more than 1,000 hours per measurement period:
• Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive months
• Eligible for Health and Welfare benefits on 1st day of employment
• Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Program after 90 days of employment
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• Minimum 2 years experience editing in non-linear edit rooms for live broadcast news environment.
• Strong knowledge of Grass Valley Edius edit system and Stratus workflow.
• Experience working in a network shared environment.
• Strong knowledge of title tool, multi-layered effects, audio sweetening and project file media management.
• Strong knowledge of digital files and codecs.
• Strong knowledge reading Waveform/Vector scope monitors.
• Strong knowledge of WEB related file formats.
• Knowledge of other non-linear edit systems helpful.
• The ability to work all shifts, overtime, weekends, and/or holidays as needed is ESSENTIAL.
You'll stand out if:
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
• Proven ability to edit clips and reporter packages independently with minimal or no guidance from reporter/producer.
• Ability to successfully perform in a high-pressured deadline oriented environment.
• Proactive-thinker: engages producers/reporters in the editing process and offers creative ideas and suggestions.
• Ability to independently pace and prioritize workload while working on several projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
• Excellent communication interpersonal skills, ability to work well with people in high-pressure situations.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Fundamental technical skills, with ability to troubleshoot and fix basic problems with edit systems.
• Bilingual: Spanish
• Familiarity/Experience with NBC/CNBC/CNBC.COM a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7kpj9-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.