CBS Television Stations
San Francisco, CA
What you'll do:
• Improve and expand our coverage of the technology industry in Silicon Valley.
• Help build and define a new beat encompassing some mixture of enterprise software, cybersecurity, and Sfuture innovation.
• Regularly break news on the people and companies most important to CNBC readers.
• Opportunities to appear on CNBC TV to discuss scoops and offer expertise.
What we'll offer:
You'll work out of CNBC's scenic San Francisco bureau at One Market St, an easy commute from the city, Peninsula or East Bay.
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
At least 5 years of experience in tech industry or business reporting.
• A clear vision for how to create and structure a new tech beat for CNBC readers.
• The capability and desire to do strong original reporting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of how to build and maintain sources.
• Strong writing skills.
• Understanding of business and finance – how to read earnings reports, SEC filings, etc.
You'll stand out with:
Knowledge of enterprise technology and companies, including business software, cloud computing and artificial intelligence.
• An appropriate approach toward cybersecurity sourcing and methods.
• Experience with TV or digital video appearances.
• A history of breaking news about influential people and companies.