CNBC is seeking an experienced social media pro to execute social editorial strategies for CNBC Make It. CNBC's Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about success, money, work and life. The Sr. Social Media Editor will create and distribute content aimed at increasing traffic and engagement across all platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and TikTok. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of expanding the social reach of a media outlet or brand.
What you'll do:
• Work with the Director of Social Media and Make It's Managing Editor to develop and execute social strategy across Make It's social channels
• Oversight and execution of daily posting and engagement across social channels
• Coach, mentor and motivate social media editor to create their best work
• Create highly shareable multi-media stories and series to grow audience engagement
• Develop, enhance and maintain relationships with editorial talent
What we'll offer:
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
• One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - there's never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
• Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like ''The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'' and ''Saturday Night Live.'' Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• At least 5 years of experience in a social media editing or audience development role.
• At least 2 years of experience managing a team of digital producers and/or freelancers
• Must possess the ability to edit and write accurately in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to edit video and optimize for social
• Organizational skills, attention to detail, and outstanding communication skills.
• Previous experience or demonstrated interest in social media writing, editing and strategy across platforms
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
• Familiarity and comfort with digital news and social media trends
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
You'll stand out if:
• Photoshop experience is a plus
• Fast learner who is excited to help build new audiences for CNBC Make It
• Interest in being on-camera for social videos
• Experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqwzq-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.