CNBC has partnered with Acorns, the country's fastest growing financial wellness system, on the importance of educating current and future investors. We at Grow (CNBC + Acorns) have built an editorial and production team to create actionable, relatable and uplifting personal finance and investing content which will inspire and empower everyday Americans to make informed financial decisions.
The role will report to the Deputy Managing Editor.
What you'll do:
• Execute digital video strategy set by Deputy Managing Editor and Managing Editor
• Manage a team of video producers, and assign, manage, and supervise video content created by video producer
• Establish and enforce best practices for the digital video team, including story selection and abstracts, in ways that first serve the best interests of users, but also optimize the exposure those videos will receive through search engines, partners and social media
• Develop new video executions such as series and explainers for digital and social platforms
• Collaborate with print and graphics teams to produce compelling videos
• Partner with writers, editors and reporters to create visual executions for print stories
• Set and enforce tight news deadlines
• Fact-check all video content prior to publication and keep the quality of work to a high standard
• Follow market trends and help generate clear, engaging, and uplifting content ideas and analysis that will be useful and attractive to Millennial and Gen Z audience
• Monitor competitive digital platforms and video styles
• Track and meet target metric goals (UVs, impressions, shares, retention, etc.)
• Special projects as assigned
What we'll offer:
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
• One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - there's never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options
• Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like ''The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'' and ''Saturday Night Live.'' Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
At least 5 years of experience with all aspects of digital video production including shooting, editing, lighting and scripting, and managing a team
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience
• Mastery of DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic), Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and other industry standard equipment and tools
• Advanced ability to tell visual stories in creative ways leveraging video footage, graphics and animation
• Ability to break down and explain complex financial topics clearly and concisely for general audience
• Knowledge of multimedia storytelling and online publishing systems and technologies
• Strong news judgement skills, experience in business journalism and interest or experience in creating video content for personal finance and investing topics
• Knowledge of financial markets and terminology
• Ability to problem solve and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and delivering projects under news deadlines
• Proven ability to generate creative concepts
• Excellent teamwork and leadership skills, strong work ethic and passion
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• A strong desire to develop creatively
• Ability to think big, outside the box
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• A sample of candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
You'll stand out if:
You're an innovator who wants to tell multimedia stories across multiple platforms
• You have a deep understanding of the nuances of packaging digital videos for the web, mobile web and social
• You're willing to lead changing editorial goals