Senior Product Manager
Warner Bros. Discovery
Remote / Virtual
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage, business content and general news consumed by more than 544 million people per month across all platforms. The network's 15 live hours a day of news programming in North America (weekdays from 5:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also offers content through its vast portfolio of digital products such as: CNBC.com, which provides financial market news and information to CNBC's investor audience; CNBC Make It, a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. To learn more, visit https://www.cnbc.com/digital-products/. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBCUniversal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/programming/cnbc. For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit http://www.NBCUniversal.com.
CNBC Digital is looking for an experienced Senior Editor to run the Technology-News team. As a Senior Editor, you will know the industry inside and out, from Apple to AI to VCs. The ideal candidate will know how to direct coverage of Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Meta, and other mega-cap tech companies. You will also bring a vision of how coverage of these companies will change in the coming years.
In this role you will help reporters of all levels develop sources, understand the stories they should be covering and help elevate their skills. It is critical you are knowledgeable about markets and can work collaboratively with our TV network.
• Editing breaking news in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Writing headlines with an eye toward SEO
• Reporting, writing, or editing investigative stories and/or long-form features.
• A clear understanding of style and grammar
• Helping writers frame stories for a national audience
• Mentor, coach, and empower both junior and experienced reporters
• 10+ years of experience covering or editing technology news.
• 3+ years of managing direct reports.
• Proven track record breaking news and filing or editing stories in a fast-paced, real-time news environment.
• Confident in managing live blogs
• The ability to deliver accurate news in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• A collaborative demeanor with experience working and coordinating with multiple teams and across multiple platforms: social media, TV, and digital video.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends as news breaks.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills.
• This job is based in San Francisco, CA
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Experience at a major online news site or a daily financial publication.
• Passionate about storytelling and creating the best reader experience online.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
• Solid understanding of web standards and SEO.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $160,000 - $220,000 (bonus eligible)
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2bmo5-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.