In this newscast, you will be an integral part to help widen our aperture to cover the most significant news stories of the day.
What you'll do:
At CNBC, Segment Producers work within a show unit to pitch ideas as well as produce portions of a live 1 hour show.
• Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Writing compelling copy and teases.
• Securing elements such as sound bites and video to support segments.
• Creating stock charts, lower-thirds, chyrons, dekos, plug-ins and coordinate graphic orders.
• Partnering with other departments as needed (such as Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations) to place and follow-up on requests.
• Developing and producing live and taped guest segments.
• Implementing work independently with guidance from Senior and Executive producers.
• Assisting the EP and Senior Producer in the production of the show during and after tapings.
What we'll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• Must have at least three years of television news producing experience working in production at the network level, preferably with evening television
• Must have a Bachelor's degree
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Must be able to shoot and edit
• Must be proficient in social media
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in world and national news and current events
Additional Job Requirement:
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
You'll Stand out if:
• Strong storytelling ability
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Strong organizational skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzp7kn-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.