CNBC has partnered with Acorns, the country's fastest growing financial wellness system, on the importance of educating current and future investors. We at Grow (CNBC + Acorns) have built an editorial and production team to create actionable, relatable and uplifting personal finance and investing content which will inspire and empower everyday Americans to make informed financial decisions.
The Video Producer will write, book, shoot and edit original informational and educational digital video content focused on personal finance and investing, aligned with an optimistic target brand voice. The Video Producer will create content to execute the strategy set by the Senior Producer. Projects will include short- and long-form news, original profiles, and educational videos.
What you'll do:
• Pitch, coordinate and produce in-studio and field shoots for short- and long-form videos about personal finance and investing topics under tight deadlines
• Deliver assignments from pitch to publish, on deadline for publication
• Create informative, polished, engaging videos consistently for mobile, social and digital audiences
• Generate unique, original video pitches for multimedia executions
• Utilize text, graphics and third-party footage to build engaging content
• Special projects as assigned
What we'll offer:
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
• One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - there's never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
• Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like ''The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'' and ''Saturday Night Live.'' Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• At least 4 years of experience at the network level with all aspects of digital video production including ideating, shooting, editing, lighting, and scripting
• A Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience
• Mastery of cameras such as Canon C100 and C300, Sony Fs7, and Panasonic
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere and mid-level knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
• Sound editorial news judgement
• A passion for and knowledge of innovative multimedia storytelling and strategic thinking across digital platforms
• Mastery of reporting and scripting original character-driven stories as well as 3- to 5-minute explainer videos
• Mastery of finding inspiring and unique character-driven stories, and experience as a verité shooter and editor
• Mastery of writing complementing text articles to videos
• Voice-over experience
• General knowledge of current events and business news with an interest in business journalism or personal finance and investing topics
• Working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• The ability to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• Ability to be a detail-oriented, talented shooter and creative editor comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and delivering projects under news deadlines
• A sample of your work will be required *please provide links when applying*
You'll stand out if:
• You have a passion for digital video storytelling
• You're interested in money news and personal finance
• You understand the nuances of packaging digital videos for the web, mobile web and social
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8vok-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.