CNBC Digital is looking for an experienced political reporter or editor to help lead our political coverage. The ideal candidate will be deeply sourced within Washington and a polished writer with extensive experience covering the White House, Congress and/or national elections.
This person will have a proven ability to break news while juggling real-time news of the day, long-form features and can also fill in as an editor as needed.
What you'll do:
• Generate story ideas, break news and cultivate sources at high levels in the federal government, national parties, campaign finance teams as well as congressional, White House and campaign staff
• Mentor younger reporters
• Cover breaking news with accuracy and authority in real time
• Occasional editing
What we'll offer:
At our Washington DC location, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out –S Free onsite fitness center
• In the action – The DC bureau is in the shadow of the US Capitol building, ideal for catching the newsmakers and lawmakers just in time for your next story
• Commuter's Dream – The bureau is located just steps from Union Station, a central transportation hub
• Extras – Our Capitol Hill location is close to dozens of popular lunch options and high-end dinner spots
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• A minimum of 10 years of experience as a political reporter or editor.
• Proven track record breaking news and filing stories in a fast-paced, real-time news environment.
• Reporting and writing investigative stories and/or long-form features.
• A collaborative demeanor with experience working and coordinating with multiple teams and across multiple platforms: social media, TV and digital video.
• The ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Strong writing, reporting, social media and technical skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends as news breaks.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills.
• The job can be based in Washington, DC or at our headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
You'll stand out if:
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Experience at a major online news site, daily financial publication or political desk of a large daily newspaper.
• Passionate about digital story-telling and creating the best reader experience online.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
• Solid understanding of web standards and SEO.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvyb97-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.