Englewood Cliffs, NJ
CNBC Digital is seeking a personal finance reporter.
What you'll do:
• Improve and expand our coverage of personal finance, one of the leading verticals on CNBC.com
• Help build and extend our global reach with a mixture of spot news stories, features and enterprise work.
• Regularly break news and report longer-form features on topics such as Social Security, taxes, retirement, paying for college and more for CNBC readers.
What we'll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
At least 5 years of experience in personal finance or business reporting.
• The capability and desire to do strong original reporting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of how to build and maintain sources.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Understanding of personal finance – how to spot stories that will resonate and deliver value to readers.
You'll stand out with:
Experience in consumer-facing reporting and writing.
• The ability to explain complicated terms to a range of CNBC readers from extremely knowledgeable to newbies.
• Experience with social media.
• A history of breaking news.
• Certification such as CFP or CFA or evidence of other advanced training.