The Writer will write general news headlines to video and with sound for hourly News Updates. Additionally, the Writer will assist in the writing and production of business news scripts for affiliates, NBC News Now, MSNBC and audio products.. The Writer is an integral part of the news team, working closely with news desk editors and producers, tape editors and anchors.
• Write hourly 60 second general news updates and assist in coordinating all elements needed to provide content for the update.
• Lead the delivery of scripts and video in a fast paced deadline driven environment
• Support Newsdesk on other writing assignments when necessary
This is a temporary position, expected to last about six months.
What we'll offer:
• Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive months
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism
• Minimum of 7 years' experience of writing / producing live television news broadcasts utilizing strong writing skills and solid editorial judgment
• Candidate must be highly flexible and comfortable multi-tasking.
• Adept at working in a team setting under tight deadlines.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Desire to explore and create new content avenues and models.
• Non-linear editing experience
• Knowledge of I-News
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently
• Great skills timing the show and ability to overcome unforeseen challenges while on air
• Proven ability to multi-task and work under pressure; off or on the air
• Strong news judgment and journalistic skills a must
• Strong interpersonal skills: Must be energetic, motivated and work well with others as a Team player
• Proactive thinker/self-starter
• Detail oriented
• Quick thinker
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and interpersonal.
• Knowledge of digital and new media platforms and integration (Web, Mobile, Social Media)
• Strong command and understanding of APC Systems (Automated Production Control Systems)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy47jp-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.