Executive Producer - Head Of Programming - Weather
New York, NY
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented editor to develop its financial coverage for a broad consumer audience under the NYC-based Select brand. CNBC Select is a newly launched, consumer-friendly section of CNBC devoted to providing our readers with rigorous reviews and personal finance advice so they can make informed decisions about the financial products they use every day.
This Editor will be responsible for helping to build out service-oriented coverage area on credit cards, loans, budgeting services and other financial products. Additionally, the Editor will be asked to pitch, assign, copy- and line-edit engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, strong organizational skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
What you'll do:
• Proofread stories thoroughly and edit copy on deadline
• Ensure tone, grammar, syntax and structure of content is in line with editorial strategy
• Brainstorm functional, data-driven models to determine which specific kind of credit card, or other product, could best serve users
• Research and assemble reliable, informative lists of recommendations
• Generate list ideas and story ideas and following through by assigning and editing
What we'll offer:
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
• One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - there' s never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
• Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like ''The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'' and ''Saturday Night Live.'' Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
At least 5 years of editing and/or copy-editing experience at a major publication
• Detail-oriented with outstanding communication skills
• Ability to quickly edit complicated financial news stories to ensure they are understandable and relatable for a broad user base
• Demonstrated experience in helping writers and editors improve and tighten copy under news deadlines
• Ability to work quickly and under pressure
• Excellent teamwork skills and strong work ethic
You'll stand out if:
You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
• You're passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
• You're highly motivated and extremely organized
• You possess ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
• You're curious about the world, sees story ideas everywhere, and can't wait to bring them back to the team