News Editors are the air-traffic controllers for CNBC.com's website and app. They direct CNBC's online breaking news coverage and oversee homepage programming for the web and app platforms. They work closely with CNBC's top managers and the full newsroom to ensure our readers know everything necessary to make fast, informed decisions in business and finance.
News Editors should have the ability to stay organized when several major stories break at the same time. A plane might be attempting an emergency landing while the president is tweeting about trade, and oil suddenly takes a major dip. That's a Tuesday around here.
What you'll do:
• Ensure CNBC.com is delivering all the top news of the day
• Place articles on the homepages, packaging art and related topics as needed and adjusting headline tone as needed
• Edit breaking news articles and help reporters and section editors improve their online presentation
• Write breaking news as needed
What we'll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
• Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• A Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience.
• At least five years of editing experience.
• At least three years of daily homepage management.
• Demonstrated ability to write clean copy fast.
• Ability to work quickly under deadline pressure.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
You'll stand out if:
• You're accurate, fast and cool under pressure. The job calls for strong news judgment and involves fast-paced editing and directing a team of breaking news reporters
• You're capable of detail-oriented planning and on-the-fly news calls
• You have a background in business and/or finance journalism. An obsession with AP style and light photo-editing skills help, too
• You have experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
• You possess ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d21j9y-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.