Production Associate, Squawk On The Street
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
What you'll do:
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of 24 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Produce stories for CNBC's daily live Business Day programs.
• Work directly with CNBC correspondents to find and interview sources, develop visual elements and shoot and cut footage for live reports and edited packages.
• Find background information on a wide range of business and financial news stories, using a variety of sources such as the Internet, newspapers, and magazines.
• Assist reporters in the studio or field as required.
• Write news updates.
What we'll offer:
Works more than 1,000 hours per measurement period:
Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive months
Eligible for Health and Welfare benefits on 1st day of employment
Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Program after 90 days of employment
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• Bachelor's degree and working knowledge of financial and/or business news, political news, and hard news content
• 2 years' experience in television production.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office and newsroom systems including iNews
Desired Characteristics :
• Willingness to learn new technologies.
• Wall Street/financial background a plus.
• Knowledge of video editing preferred but not required.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under deadline pressure.
• Ideal candidates will be highly organized and accurate by nature.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work independently
• Ability to work early morning and late night shifts.