Writer, The News With Shep Smith
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
What you'll do:
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Works closely with the Assignment Desk Managers
• Facilitates and monitors both incoming and outgoing feeds
• Monitors digital needs, rolls on webcasts and phone calls
• Helps Media Manager by deleting outdated material from our library
• Operates immediate playback system
• Communicates with field producers and photographers
• Quality Control - works with transmission to make sure highlights and sound are top quality
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What we'll offer:
Works more than 1,000 hours per measurement period:
Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive months
Eligible for Health and Welfare benefits on 1st day of employment
Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Program after 90 days of employment
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• Proficiency in video record/playback systems; basic editing and metadata management; newsroom communication systems.
• Knowledge of current events, political and business news.
• Autonomous monitoring and seeking of relevant news feeds.
• Formulate resource allocation for planned and large scale coverage.
• Traffic scheduled and ad-hoc news feeds over satellite, fiber and VOIP infrastructure.
• Signal quality control, familiarity with video routers, decoder controls, RTS intercom systems.
• Experience in control room environments, editing and Transmission facilities.