This role will serve as a leader on the research and analytics team, supporting growth and engagement for NBC News Digital products with a focus on understanding and tracking the performance of our streaming products. Partnering with teams across the digital businesses including editorial, product, technology and distribution to share data-based insights and analysis in the form of dashboards and presentations. This role will impact programming, promotion and build the future of streaming at NBC News along with the success of our core digital products and experiences.
Responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
• Being the trusted data resource for cross-functional teams across product, technology and editorial
• Owning cross-platform reports, dashboards and presentations for editorial and management
• Managing day-to-day data analytics requests from groups across the news organization
• Defining metrics and building and analysing dashboards, reports and key data sets to empower end users and stakeholders
• Providing expert analysis on digital trends within the news and media industry with a focus on streaming
• Evangelizing data and data-driven decision making throughout the organization
• At least 5 years of experience in digital analytics, insights and data science
• Data-focused mentality with a passion for understanding audiences and digital experiences
• Ability to tackle big questions with meaningful solutions and insights
• Superior communication, presentation and organizational skills
• Bachelor or Master's degree in Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or other relevant quantitative fields
• Knowledge and extensive use of web and video analytics tools (Adobe Analytics) and data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Domo)
• Understanding of the fast-changing media business and streaming landscape, bonus points for experience working within news
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oxv0-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.