The Features Producer researches, develops and produces content for a variety of CNBC formats. This role works in close collaboration and coordinates with the Editorial and Technical teams in CNBC International's London and Singapore newsrooms, including Senior Producers and Broadcast Operations, on overall content and production. The role is based in London and reports to the Executive Producer, International.
• Produce a variety of CNBC's feature programmes in both long and short forms.
• Demonstrate strong news judgment through research, reading and pursuing relevant and compelling stories.
• Identify and develop original and creative ideas and stories.
• Proofread, fact check and conduct due diligence on ideas and scripts submitted by other producers.
• Book and pursue top guests and work to develop new guest relationships.
• Work in close collaboration with colleagues across the newsrooms, including senior producers, news editors and anchors.
• Cooperate with other departments, especially broadcast operations and graphics, to make the best possible programming.
• Occasional preparation of core news segments from features content.
• Occasional assignment to CNBC's live or pre-recorded outside broadcasts.
• Collaborate with CNBC global teams as necessary.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in TV features programming essential (proven credit citation as Producer).
• Knowledge of INews, Final Cut Pro, TV Production systems, TV graphic systems.
• Good understanding of the role of digital and social media in news broadcasting and multi-platform delivery.
• Capability to handle short and flexible deadlines and work in a face-paced environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• A passion or interest in business, economics, and financial markets desirable but not essential
• High standard of written English.
• Additional languages would be beneficial.
• Eligible to work in the UK.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xpb5-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.