New York, NY
CNBC has partnered with Acorns, the country's fastest growing financial wellness system, on the importance of educating current and future investors. We at Grow (CNBC + Acorns) have built an editorial and production team to create actionable, relatable and uplifting personal finance and investing content which will inspire and empower everyday Americans to make informed financial decisions.
The Editor will be responsible for pitching, writing and editing engaging content aligned with an optimistic target brand voice that informs, educates and inspires readers about trending market news stories and personal finance and investing topics. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting and editing skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
What you'll do:
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position with an estimated duration of 6 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Working with staff reporters and outside contributors to deliver compelling, insightful and high-quality digital content.
• Generating innovative story and series ideas, and executing on existing franchises.
• Identifying and building partnerships that strengthen coverage.
• Generating innovative story ideas, collaborating with and guiding writers, while also independently writing and reporting
• Research, source, pitch and write personal finance and investing pieces for digital platforms
• Deliver written content on deadlines set by Senior Editor
• Collaborating with the Acorns digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos.
What we'll offer:
Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive months
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
• One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - there' s never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
• Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like ''The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'' and ''Saturday Night Live.'' Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
At least 5 years of experience news writing and/or editing experience covering business news, personal finance or investing
• Working knowledge of financial markets and terminology
• Familiarity and experience with covering markets and investing
• Ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail and outstanding communication skills
• Proven ability to accurately and clearly edit and write in a fast-paced news environment
You'll stand out if:
You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• You're passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online
• You possess ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
• You're a storytelling entrepreneur in your own right – someone who is excited about the success of a new enterprise and curious about the world
• You see story ideas in the unexpected and can't wait to bring them back to the team