Division: CNBC International
Department: News & Programming
Position: Edit News Assistant
Reports to: Executive Producer
NBC UNIVERSAL INTERNATIONAL
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
CNBC is the world's number one business and financial news network. Its mission is to help the influential and aspirational make astute decisions to get ahead by providing live market updates, breaking news, in-depth analysis and exclusive interviews.
CNBC's vast portfolio includes CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the network's premium subscription service that provides real-time global market data and market analysis, as well as a growing slate of live events where consumers can experience CNBC's award-winning journalism, live.
With headquarters in New Jersey, London, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi, CNBC provides a truly global 24-hour business briefing for senior business leaders, the financial community and those with assets to invest or protect. Today the channel is available in more than 392 million homes worldwide. CNBC also boasts a growing audience across its social media and digital video platforms.
Visit www.cnbc.com for more information.
The successful candidate will facilitate the production of CNBC Feature and News content. The News Edit Assistant will be expected to edit content to a high standard, organise and curate incoming material for future productions and use editorial judgement to select content for various platforms. The role is mainly to assist editors and producers, however, there will be times that the Edit News Assistant will be expected to work independently. The Edit News Assistant works within CNBC's Features Department and the News team, reporting to an Executive Producer based in London.
• Edit weekly compilation highlight programme for CNBC Sports.
• Organise and curate incoming footage into specific projects (following set naming conventions) ensuring content can be used for future feature production.
• Edit web clips of feature content.
• Work closely with teams around the World to help source and transfer material.
• Ensure all paperwork on productions is complete and up-to-date.
• Provide final distribution masters and final distribution scripts for features content.
• Work occasionally as a News editor as required.
SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
• High degree of proficiency expected on Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Proficiency on Grass Valley Edius and Grass Valley Stratus an advantage.
• Proficiency on audio editing systems such as Adobe Audition.
• Proficiency on graphics systems such as Adobe After Effects.
• Knowledge of the general systems, practices and broadcast standards within a wider news/operational environment.
• Fast, adaptable non-linear editing skills with an excellent sense of pace and timing.
• Ability to visualize the written word and express it in pictures and sound to achieve the producer's or journalist's vision.
• Ability to edit creative or meaningful sequences from available footage.
• Ability to interpret and effectively communicate ideas.
• Ability to work closely and constructively with other team members including journalists and producers.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Display a high attention to detail and a methodical approach.
• High level of computer literacy.
• Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills, embrace and nurture a culture of change and positive attitude.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above descriptions and may be modified at any time by the Company.
Please see above.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1b1x-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.