Sr. Analyst, Ad Sales Strategy
New York, NY
CNBC is seeking a high-performing individual to help facilitate CNBC Events continued growth and expansion. We're looking for a dynamic team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, hardworking entrepreneurial atmosphere.
As a Director of Sales Marketing, you will help to drive and execute events marketing strategy for the fast-growing events team at the global leader in business news and money-themed content. CNBC Events will host over forty virtual event this year featuring some of the most influential speakers on all things money. You will partner with sales and the events team leadership to determine client needs that align with brand strengths to create marketing strategy and tactical execution. You will create and provide sales with the messaging, knowledge, marketing materials, proposals and tools needed to close sponsorships and cross-platform deals. You will participate as a thought leader who has a keen understanding of industry trends and key influencers.
What you'll do:
• Direct overall sponsorship marketing strategy for CNBC's Events business
• Work with CNBC editorial, production, and sales leadership to develop annual event offering & corresponding sponsorship opportunities, plus custom concepts created in response to client requests
• Responsible for the development and presentation of the CNBC Events brand story to the advertising market, through the production of marketing collateral, including presentations, one-sheets, sizzle reels, e-blasts, program recaps, etc.
• Lead the team responsible for partnering with the event sales and the NBCU sales and integrated marketing teams to respond to RFPs and create custom proposals that bundle event sponsorships with TV, digital, social & branded content-both for CNBC and the broader NBCUniversal portfolio
• Attend and participate in client meetings and pitches
• Educate the broader NBCUniversal sales & marketing teams on CNBC Events through trainings & specialized communications and regularly surface opportunities and priorities throughout the year
• Manage event sponsorship inventory to ensure availabilities and avoid competitor conflicts
• Ensure a smooth transition of sold sponsorships to the post-sale sponsor management team
• Develop innovative new sponsor benefits in coordination with the event production team
• Monitor trends in RFPs and recommend new event concepts that further CNBC editorial priorities and revenue goals
What we'll offer:
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
• One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - there's never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
• Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like ''The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'' and ''Saturday Night Live.'' Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• 5 years of experience in sales marketing, ideally with prior experience in B-to-B events, cross platform sales marketing including TV
• Experience working successfully in a matrixed environment with cross-functional teams
• Experience leading and executing strategic plans
• Excels at working in a fast-paced environment
• Superior strategic and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple manner
• Interest and knowledge of digital technologies and current design tools
• Intellectual curiosity about and passion for media/entertainment
• Collaborative and a team player