Digital Sales Planner
Universal City, CA
CNBC is seeking a high-performing individual to play a leadership role in growing CNBC Events sponsorship revenue and executing our go-to-market sales strategy. We're looking for a dynamic team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, hardworking, entrepreneurial atmosphere as part of this high-priority business line.
As a Director of CNBC Events Sales, you will be part of the team executing the CNBC Events sales strategy for the global leader in business news and money-themed content. You will help conceive lucrative and editorially compelling event concepts, identify and pitch potential sponsors and ultimately deliver new revenue to CNBC Events, Television and Digital. You will work both autonomously and in partnership with the NBC media sales team to close new clients and business as well as with the broader CNBC Events Production and Editorial teams to deliver on and exceed client expectations.
In coordination with broader CNBC Events team, Director will also work with NBC News Group on events strategy, collaborating with News Group editorial leadership to conceive, build, sell and ultimately execute events for the NBC News Group brands.
• Collaborate with CNBC Event sales team on the growth and expansion of a portfolio of innovative and cross-platform event offerings
• Play a leadership role in evolving CNBC Event's go-to-market sales strategy and positioning with CNBC's roster of current and target clients
• Identify and articulate revenue opportunities within the CNBC brand and editorial mandate; work with the Editorial and Production teams to build new sponsorable events
• Work closely with sponsors through the life cycle of the sale and event to ensure the sponsor's expectations are met
• Partner with the media sales team to develop and sell integrated and cross-platform events packages, which may feature Television, Digital and Social Media components
• Close new business, grow the number and value of sponsors of CNBC events and meet or exceed annual revenue growth targets
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales within the following industries: Media, Digital, Entertainment, Live Events
• Proven experience playing a pivotal role in event sales, planning and execution
• A proven ability to develop complex event programming within an event sales context
• A cross-platform approach to event sales incorporating elements of our Digital and Television products
• Demonstrated ability to drive business development and event execution
• Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• A strong ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrate ability to work with a broad range of internal and external clients.
• Solutions oriented
• Well organized and attention to detail
• Strong analytical and creative skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8p6m-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.