CNBC is looking for the next generation of multimedia journalists!
Our Digital Rotational Program is a postgraduate opportunity designed to provide participants with exposure to a wide range of experiences, ongoing mentorship and targeted training within the fast-paced world of digital news.
After four, four-month rotations within our newsroom, team members will graduate from the program with the chance to apply for exciting internal roles and will be equipped with the knowledge and tools to thrive in today's digital space. The program will begin July of 2022.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Pitching both breaking news and enterprise content for CNBC.com and/or CNBC Make It;
• Developing sources and building your network to land the next big scoop in business news;
• Conceptualizing and producing videos, including scripting, shooting and editing original content;
• Using all major social platforms to create and publish sharable multimedia stories.
Exciting roles are available within the following areas:
CNBC Digital delivers fast, accurate breaking news for a wide range of industries, including markets, economy, technology, and consumer business. The breaking news desk moves quickly to make sure readers are quickly informed of all the news they need in order to make smart decisions. The breaking news team coordinates with the newsroom at large to make sure the website is comprehensively covering the news of the day.
Our digital video team is responsible for the development, production and delivery of original video content across multiple platforms. This includes day-of stories, features, premium content and video series and franchises. Video producers touch all aspects of video creation - from conception, pitching ideas, writing scripts, shooting and editing.
Our creative social media team creates shareable multimedia stories and uses all major social platforms to publish and distribute this original content. They track social media trends and use this information to develop and execute our social editorial strategies.
CNBC's enterprise reporters work hard to own the beats that matter most to finance and business readers. Each reporting group works closely with a section editor to delve deeply into their beats, chase down scoops and push the news forward.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position with an estimated duration of sixteen (16) months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
What we'll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
Works more than 1,000 hours per measurement period:
Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive months
Eligible for Health and Welfare benefits on 1st day of employment
Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Program after 90 days of employment
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• Must be willing to work in the New York/New Jersey area beginning July 2022
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• You have a bachelor's degree, graduate degree or equivalent professional experience
• Journalism experience
You'll stand out if:
• A desire to tell great stories
• A competitive nature
• A willingness to collaborate with teammates
• A passion (that borders on an obsession) for digital media
• A commitment to a career in digital journalism
• A genuine enthusiasm for CNBC content
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4wqoy-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.