CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage, business content and general news consumed by more than 544 million people per month across all platforms. The network's 15 live hours a day of news programming in North America (weekdays from 5:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also offers content through its vast portfolio of digital products such as: CNBC.com, which provides financial market news and information to CNBC's investor audience; CNBC Make It, a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. To learn more, visit https://www.cnbc.com/digital-products/. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBCUniversal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/programming/cnbc. For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit http://www.NBCUniversal.com.
Desk Producer, Writing CNBC
What You'll Do
The Desk Producer, Writing will be responsible for pitching and writing engaging content aligned with an optimistic target brand voice that informs, educates and inspires readers about trending market news stories, personal finance and investing topics as well as general news in hourly updates. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Research, source, write and produce (create chyrons, graphics, select and cut video) day of business news stories for CNBC, MSNBC, NBC News Now and all affiliates
• Research, source, write and produce day of general news stories for CNBC News Updates
• Deliver content under deadline
• Work closely with Senior Managers as needed as main point of contact with shows, reporters and network operations.
• Contribute to CNBC.com and social media when requested.
• Write and produce updates for smart home connected devices such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home
• Special projects as assigned
What we'll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
Desired Characteristics :
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
• At least 1 year of news writing experience covering general news, business news, personal finance or investing
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
• Curious about the world, sees story ideas everywhere, and can't wait to bring them back to the team
• Proven ability to write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment
• Reliability and efficiency
• Highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented problem solver
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x1yq-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.