As a member of the CNBC.com copy desk, the Copy Editor is the last line of defense to ensure that our articles are of the highest quality possible. Whether it's a long feature or short breaking news bulletin, we will look to the Copy Editor to make sure our news coverage is free of errors and typos and has proper context, balance, consistency and clarity. The Copy Editor plays an essential part in producing compelling coverage that helps to expand our growing readership.
This role requires the Copy Editor to work 1 p.m. ET to 9 p.m. ET with occasional later evening and/or weekend coverage for major news. This position is part of a team that wraps up the US newsroom's daily coverage, assists in the handover to international bureaus and helps to set up the next day's success.
What you'll do:
• Read articles quickly and thoroughly, sometimes before they are published, sometimes afterward
• Engage in productive dialogue with reporters, editors and managers as needed
• Make sure CNBC.com's coverage meets the highest standards
What we'll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
At least five years of experience in daily journalism as a copy editor
• Strong knowledge of AP style and business news
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Ability to quickly edit complicated articles to ensure they are accessible not only to financial insiders, but also to a broad readership
• Ability to work collaboratively with a staff of writers and editors, ranging from industry veterans to early career employees
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxo2vz-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.