New York, NY
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented Associate Reporter to develop its coverage under the recently launched CNBC Select, a consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to providing our readers with rigorous reviews and personal finance advice so they can make informed decisions about the financial products they use every day.
The Associate Personal Finance Reporter will be primarily responsible for analyzing and reviewing financial products – through research and reporting – to provide readers with advice on the best credit cards and other financial products on the market. Additionally, the Associate Reporter will be asked to pitch and create engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, experience putting together lists, comfort with numbers and data as well as words, and a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
What you'll do:
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Research and assemble reliable, informative lists of recommendations
• Generate story ideas and following through by reporting, writing and creating digital content
• Contribute to multi-platform news coverage when needed
• Use social media to distribute and promote content
What we'll offer:
Works more than 1,000 hours per measurement period:
Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive months
Eligible for Health and Welfare benefits on 1st day of employment
Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Program after 90 days of employment
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
• One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day
- there' s never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
• Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like ''The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'' and ''Saturday Night Live.'' Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• At least 1 year of experience in as a writer and/or reporter
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment
• Familiarity with following and reporting on current events, especially as they relate to personal finance, credit cards, and other financial products
• Familiarity and comfort with social media
• Ability to convey to readers why, and how, high-level or abstract stories could affect them
You'll stand out if:
• You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
• You have experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
• You're passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online
• You possess ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news