CNBC Digital is looking to hire an Associate Editor to help manage its network of contributing writers under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, money and lifestyle.
The Associate Editor will work with Make It's Contributors Editor to edit stories for structure, flow, style and factual accuracy. The Associate Editor will work on story formats including personal essays, reported pieces and op-eds.
What you'll do:
• Organize workflow and editorial calendar of contributed content
• Recruit, edit and mentor contributors
• Brainstorm ideas and pitch compelling stories that showcase the Make It brand
• Collaborate with contributors and Make It's social media team to distribute and promote content
What we'll offer:
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
• One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - there' s never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
• Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like ''The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'' and ''Saturday Night Live.'' Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
At least 2 years of editing experience
• Ability to edit and write accurately in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
• Organizational skills, attention to detail and outstanding communication skills
• Exceptional news judgment and a strong sense of trending topics that will resonate with the Make It audience
• Demonstrated interest in money, careers, leadership, lifestyle and entrepreneurship topics
• Previous experience working with freelance writers and contributors
You'll stand out if:
You have a Bachelor's degree
• You have experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
• You're passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
• You possess knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
• You have copyediting skills
• You're able to make complex ideas easy to understand
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33bpn-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.