Coordinator, U.S. Network Distribution
New York, NY
NOTE: Cinedigm is currently a 100% work-from-home company. While we may return to an office environment in the future, we do not have plans to return to an office setting until after the first of the calendar year 2021. When we return to an office environment, the incumbent may be required to work from the office on a part or full-time basis, as needed. We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees.
The Manager/Director, Business Affairs will report to the President & General Counsel. The position will be responsible for documenting business arrangements with producers, sales agents, licensees, and suppliers; managing, drafting and reviewing a wide range of agreements, amendments, and other legal documents in accordance with required business and legal standards.
• Draft, negotiate, and review a variety of agreements, amendments and other legal documents including distribution/acquisition agreements, licenses to third parties such as television and digital platform agreements, vendor agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
• Research and respond to internal and external inquiries regarding contractual obligations and interpretation.
• Provide guidance to internal departments regarding contractual terms as needed (acquisitions, sales, marketing, digital distribution, finance).
• Manage legal inquiries from industry guilds: SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA, and AFM.
• Provide guidance to legal deliverables consultant regarding incoming E&O insurance documents and coordination with brokers and producers to ensure company requirements are met.
• Manage and/or deliver legal documents to television licensees in accordance with contract terms through coordination with legal deliverables consultant, producers, and insurance brokers.
• Summarize and enter business terms of acquisition and license out agreements into rights management system.
• Special ad hoc projects as required
• Knowledge of distribution or entertainment businesses.
• Understanding of film and television rights across all platforms, including the current digital distribution landscape a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years of business affairs, contract drafting, and contract administration experience.
• Perform and communicate with a high degree of accuracy and integrity.
• Ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Bachelor's degree preferred, paralegal certificate not required but a plus.
Cinedigm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate or promote discrimination or harassment of any kind. Cinedigm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more than twenty years, Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has led the digital transformation of the entertainment industry. Today, Cinedigm entertains hundreds of millions of consumers around the globe by providing premium content, streaming channels, and technology services to the world’s largest media, technology, and retail companies.